Chartwell McConnell Retirement Residence
801 4th Street East,
Chartwell McConnell Retirement Residence offers a continuum of care living environment. This includes independent living apartments as well as independent supporting living suites. Located in a well-established residential neighbourhood of Cornwall, Chartwell McConnell is in close proximity to a variety of convenient amenities. With a comfortable and appealing environment, Chartwell McConnell allows residents to continue living active and engaged lives with easy access to additional care and support services. At this fully bilingual and welcoming retirement home, you can choose the lifestyle that best suits your personal needs and let our trained and dedicated staff take care of the rest. With a strong sense of community, and a positive reputation built on respect, trust and service excellence, residents are proud to call us home.
The Housekeeper performs a variety of housekeeping duties to ensure the residence is maintained in a safe, clean and sanitary condition.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Cleans and disinfects all common areas including dining room, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairways and other areas as directed;
- Cleans and disinfects resident suites including telephone, furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents, mirrors and windows;
- Dusts furniture and equipment;
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms, mops and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machine;
- Vacuums and cleans/shampoos carpeted areas;
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures;
- Empties and cleans all waste containers and transports garbage to designated area;
- Makes up beds and changes linen as required;
- Straightens and rearranges furnishings as directed;
- Maintains utility and store rooms in a tidy and sanitary condition;
- Reports any damaged or unusable furniture and fixtures;
- Performs laundry duties as required (sorting, washing, drying, ironing, folding and delivering clean linen and clothing);
- Attends in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops, etc. as required;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience is preferred but not mandatory;
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- First Aid & CPR Certificate preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good listening skills and the ability to follow instructions;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
To apply online, please complete the "Apply for this Job" form