Chartwell Carrington House Retirement Residence
32679 - 6th Avenue,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Cook's Helper is responsible for assisting the kitchen staff with cooking and serving of the meals to our residents.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation and cooking of meals for senior residents of a retirement residence according to the menus in place;
- Providing special diet requirements;
- Assisting the dietary staff while ensuring a clean and safe work environment is maintained;
- General kitchen duties.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 1- 2 years of related experience in a retirement residence/long term home, hotel, or restaurant;
- Self-motivated individual who possesses effective communication and organizational skills and is a co-operative team player;
- Able to follow department regulations and standards and has completed a Food Handling Course and Food Safety Training;
- Experience with seniors is an asset.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.