Personal Support Worker (PSW) / Attendant
Chartwell Tranquility Place Retirement Residence
436 Powerline Road,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Personal Support Worker provides personal care and other services to residents in a safe efficient manner, according to the policies and procedures of the retirement residence.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assists and attends to residents’ special needs as required;
- Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all resident areas as per work routines;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Provides services and interacts with guests and family members in a professional manner;
- Assists and attends to special needs of the residents as required;
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner;
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous work experience in providing laundry, food or personal care services;
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
- Post secondary education in related care fields [e.g. Personal Support Worker (PSW), Health Care Aide (HCA) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) certification] is preferred;
- Ability to read and communicate effectively;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints;
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Must be able to operate related equipment.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, nights and weekends.
To apply online, please complete the "Apply for this Job" form