Chartwell Hollandview Trail Retirement Residence
200 John West Way,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
Reports to the Maintenance Manager and performs landscaping duties related to cutting grass, edge trimming, leaf blowing, picking weeds, spraying weeds, lay mulch, clean garbage in flower beds . Performs a variety of duties related to the Landscaping and maintenance duties when weather does not permit outside work. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members. All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with Chartwell’s vision, mission and values statements.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Maintenance Manager.
- Conducts all duties in accordance with Chartwell policies and procedures, as well as, government regulations, laws and policies.
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations.
- Ensures that on-site work areas are clean and safe and ensures walkways are kept free of equipment, extension cords, or landscaping tools.
- Responsible for reporting defective equipment (e.g. Lawn Mower, leaf Blower, edge trimmer)
- Performs other related maintenance duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Landscaping related experience
- Grade 12 Diploma with some related landscaping training is required.
- Must be physically and mentally alert.
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision.
Candidates must be available to work weekends.
To apply online, please complete the "Apply for this Job" form