Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Chartwell Griesbach Retirement Residence
4480 McCrae Avenue,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The LPN ensures the general well being of residents through the delivery of high quality services in a manner that is consistent with the policies, procedures and philosophy of Chartwell Retirement Residences.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provides basic assessments and treatment, personal care, medication administration and delegated health services to the residents, as well as providing support and guidance, and education to the Health Care Aides;
- Communicating with resident and families as required to ensure needs are met and services are highly satisfactory;
- Demonstrating an appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process and, or living with a disability;
- Facilitating and encouraging family involvement with residents;
- Administrating medications within the LPN scope of practice and in accordance with regulations and standards;
- Performing the appropriate delegated nursing skills accurately and skillfully;
- Completing routine assessments and continuous observation of resident health status and reports observations to the Assisted Living Manager and then acting upon observations as appropriate;
- Ensuring services identified in the Care Plan are provided in accordance with the established service standards and at the approved levels;
- Ensuring that proper documentation of services and charting is completed as per policies and procedures;
- Monitoring and maintaining records reflecting residents physical and mental condition;
- Documenting resident incidents in the client record.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A sound knowledge and background in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term/retirement nursing including activation, nursing and personnel administration. Knowledge of the appropriate sections of the Health Disciplines Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Pharmacy Act, Food and Drugs Act (Canada), Narcotic Control Act (Canada) and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statutes which influence the operation of the Retirement Home and more specifically the nursing department;
- Graduate from a recognized LPN Program and must hold a valid registration with appropriate LPN associations;
- The successful candidate has the ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors, strong customer service orientation and conflict resolutions skills.
The position shift is Days, Evening, Nights, Weekends
To apply online, please complete the "Apply for this Job" form