Dining Room Supervisor
Chartwell Scarlett Heights Retirement Residence
4005 Eglinton Ave West,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Dining Room Supervisor creates and maintains a pleasurable, friendly, and efficient dining room experience for all residents and visitors in accordance with Chartwell Brand Hospitality Standards. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Advises kitchen and dining room staff of expected number of residents/guests, and ensures adequate seating and staffing levels are in place;
- Reviews the dietary restrictions of new and existing residents. Communicates any restrictions to the Food Services Manager/Food and Beverage Manager, kitchen and dining room staff;
- Maximizes resident/guest well-being and comfort by overseeing all aspects of the physical appearance of the dining room including furnishings, flooring and table settings;
- Ensures dining service is carried out in a friendly, timely, and efficient manner in accordance with company standards;
- Ensures special diets are served to appropriate residents and that beverages are offered to residents;
- Responds to resident or family member questions/concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken with-in decision making authority and/or brings to the attention of the management team;
- Collaborates with the Food Services Manager/Food and Beverage Manager to arrange/accommodate special events, private parties, etc. (including but not limited to decorations, set up, staffing and service of such events);
- Assists in the hiring, training, scheduling, evaluation, disciplining and termination of dining room staff.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of dining room staff. Assigns stations and duties.
- Remains in the dining room during service hours and assists dining room staff and residents/guests as required;
- Ensures compliance with safe food handling practices and public health requirements;
- Provides feedback to Food Service Manager/Food and Beverage Manager re. residents/guests satisfaction with meals;
- Participates on Resident Council;
- Continuously follows the principal of “Exceptional Guest Experience” and ensures Chartwell values of “RESPECT” are demonstrated in all interactions with others;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar or supervisory position, in the retirement or hospitality industry;
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Must possess a Food Safe Level 1 certificate and Smart Serve certificate;
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates;
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to understand and respond to individual resident/guest needs/requirements;
- Demonstrated good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with various stakeholders (other staff members, residents and their family members, and suppliers);
- Computer skills with working knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Ability to respond to emergency situations (as per Chartwell policies and procedures).
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
To apply online, please complete the "Apply for this Job" form