Chartwell Glacier Ridge Retirement Residence
1261 Jasper Drive,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Guest Attendant provides personal care and other services to residents in a safe efficient manner, according to the policies and procedures of the retirement residence.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assists and attends to residents’ special needs as required;
- Provides food preparation, dining room service, busing and dishwashing services in accordance with established work routines;
- Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines;
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner;
- Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all resident areas as per work routines;
- Provides medications to residents according to the residence’s policies and procedures for medication administration;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous work experience in providing laundry, food or personal care services;
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
- Post secondary education in related care fields [e.g. Personal Support Worker (PSW), Health Care Aide (HCA) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) certification] is preferred;
- Ability to read and communicate effectively;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints;
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Must be able to operate related equipment.
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online, please complete the "Apply for this Job" form