Chartwell Rockcliffe Retirement Residence
100 Island Lodge Road,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Concierge performs a variety of accounting functions as well as confidential clerical and receptionist duties associated with the daily operation of an effective business. The Concierge will assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Maintains department files and records, including correspondence, forms, and routine office records and reports;
- Receives incoming mail, co-ordinates distribution and processes outgoing mail;
- Answers telephone and greets visitors. Responds to routine inquiries in person and by phone, relaying calls and messages to the appropriate personnel;
- Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable including verification of totals and coding as required;
- Processes daily bank deposits for resident accounts receivable account;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the General Manager;
- Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to other team members;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous experience working in a similar position required (including a working knowledge of office procedures and elementary bookkeeping);
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Post secondary education in a related field (e.g. Medical/Office Assistant) is considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a working knowledge of Excel and Word.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.