Chartwell Chateau Cornwall Retirement Residence
41 Amelia Street,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Office Manager is responsible for all aspects of office routines and clerical duties for residents and employees in the retirement residence. The will assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Responds to resident or family member inquiries/concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the General Manager;
- Oversees and co-ordinates front desk staff;
- Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to other team members;
- Maintains a complete set of accounting records for the residence;
- Prepares all resident billings;
- Handles all queries concerning billings and payments from residents and/or their family members;
- Performs payroll duties necessary for the calculation of accurate wages and salaries of all staff;
- Maintains employee records of hours worked, days absent, vacation, statutory holidays and sick time;
- Prepares bank deposits;
- Welcomes and orients new residents, family members and other visitors;
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner;
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures (including residence’s fire and safety programs). Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations;
- Sorts incoming mail daily for distribution to residents and other departments and manages outgoing mail;
- Organizes workflow through administrative office, co-ordinates meetings and schedules appointments as required;
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum of 2 years’ of related experience;
- Successful completion of post secondary diploma or certificate program in financial management or bookkeeping;
- Previous accounting/bookkeeping experience;
- Previous experience in a retirement or health care environment considered an asset;
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of the seniors and/or individuals with disabilities;
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, residents and their family members, and other professionals with a high degree of patience and tolerance;
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Initiative, good judgment and supervisory abilities;
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office with a working knowledge of Excel and Word.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online, please complete the "Apply for this Job" form