Housekeeping Aide - Long Term Care (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Chartwell White Eagle Long Term Care Residence
138 Dowling Avenue,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
Reports to the Environmental Services Manager and performs a variety of housekeeping duties to ensure the Long Term Care Centre is maintained in a safe, clean and sanitary condition.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Keep work area clean and free from unsafe conditions. Report any unsafe conditions to immediate Supervisor;
- Observe all fire and safety rules and be on alert for the safety of the residents, staff and public;
- Works in a safe manner which abides by Occupational Health and Safety policies;
- Clean dining room, bedrooms, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairwells and other areas as directed;
- Clean, mop, wax and polish floors; dust furniture and equipment; arrange furniture in an orderly fashion;
- Clean and disinfect sinks, toilets, urinals and telephones daily. Operate a floor machine to buff dining rooms, bedrooms, lounges, corridors and office areas;
- Collect and dispose of garbage as required; keep utility rooms and store rooms in tidy and sanitary condition;
- Attend in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops etc. as directed by the Environmental Services Manager.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience desirable but not mandatory;
- Completion of secondary school. Must be able to read and write and follow oral instructions.
Candidates must be available to work days and weekends. To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.