Senior System Administrator, HCM
Chartwell Corporate Office
7070 Derrycrest Drive,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
Reporting to the Technical Delivery Manager, HCM, the Senior Systems Administrator, HCM will provide technical support in the configuration and management of our Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) Cloud system. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that our HCM is functioning as expected, meeting business requirements and all end-user needs.
The incumbent will be a strong and valued business partner to the People team and the Business owners of our HCM platform and possesses a superior customer service mindset. Equally important is his/her strict adherence to IT general controls and Chartwell policies and procedures.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Configure, maintain and/or develop solutions within the Oracle HCM Cloud platform to support ongoing operations with HR, Payroll, Absence, Benefits and all other People related departments.
- Support and managed integration points to other applications and systems of reporting
- Write detailed technical & functional design specifications for development objects
- Handle complete data migration process by using HDL, PBL etc.
- Design and test the integrations with internal/other systems
- Configure the application according to design decisions
- Maintain configuration with external vendors for both Inbound and Outbound file transfers
- Research and resolve functional and technical issues both internally and through vendor support
- Performing user access and role provisioning related tasks
- Assisting in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs
- Strict adherence to documentation standards for all incidents
- Strict adherence to all IT general controls, supporting compliance reporting and directly participating in a disciplined incident management framework as it relates to the support of Chartwell's People and Payroll Systems
- Following IT Service Management and Asset Management best practices, following operating procedures, adhering to standards of quality (process and product)
- Developing SOP's and documentation and ensuring existing documentation is up to date and organized
- Provide support to project teams during upgrades and enhancements
- Serve as Oracle HCM Cloud Subject Matter Expert in meetings with stakeholders
- Supporting the end users of our People and Payroll Systems
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A minimum of 6+ years in implementing and supporting Tier 1 Human Capital Management Systems (ie. OracleHCM Cloud, JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, ADP, Ceridan) in a SaaS environment
- Functional experience with Oracle HCM Cloud applications (or the like) in at least two of the following modules; Core HR, Payroll, Benefits, Absence Management
- A minimum of 2 years as a contributor in major IS projects
- Extensive Oracle HCM Cloud (Fusion) Development experience is a significant asset
- ITIL certification or applied knowledge an asset
- Experience in the senior’s housing or healthcare industries are an asset
- Strong knowledge in Oracle Fusion HCM Extracts, OTBI Reports, BI Publisher, Fast Formulas, DFF – Flex Fields configurations, Security Console, ESS Scheduler, HCM Data Loader scripts, E-Mail/Workflow Notifications
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and to integrate business processes across disparate systems
- Excellent creative and analytical skills with strong attention to details, and proven abilities to research and test new System features and functions.
- Able to work independently and consider cross-functional and downstream impacts with close attention to detail
- Excellent client-facing written, presentation and verbal communications skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to continuous learning, and demonstrated ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Bilingualism (English / Functional French) is an asset
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.