Lifestyle and Programs Manager
Chartwell Chateau Cornwall Retirement Residence
41 Amelia Street,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Lifestyle and Program Manager is responsible for developing and coordinating meaningful programs and services to meet the social, physical, intellectual, emotional, vocational and spiritual needs of all residents. The LPM will assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Develops, implements and evaluates diversified and meaningful Live Now Programs within its six dimensions of wellness (i.e. social, physical, intellectual, emotional, vocational and spiritual needs), as well as, the Signature Programs associated with each of the six dimensions;
- Develops and prepares communication tools (newsletters, posters, notices, calendars, etc.) designed to provide residents, seniors located in the community and volunteers with information regarding current and future activities and special events;
- Enhances programming and fundraising efforts by coordinating all aspects of the volunteer program for independent lifestyles, and ensures the effective utilization of human and financial resources;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns in a timely manner and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the General Manager;
- Co-ordinates Resident Council as delegated by General Manager;
- Provides residents with information regarding upcoming leisure activities and special events;
- Creates a safe, pleasant, creative and non-threatening recreational environment;
- Utilizes community resources to assist in providing recreation opportunities where appropriate;
- Ensures a high level of resident engagement;
- Plans evening and weekend programs/activities as required;
- Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to other team members;
- Recruits, orients, supervises, recognizes and evaluates volunteers;
- Supervises Activity Aides, volunteers and Drivers (if applicable) including recruiting, orientation, training and development requirements;
- Develops and fosters partnerships within the community;
- Participates as a member of the site management team to develop strategic plans and resolve site specific issues;
- Shares information and resolves conflicts with colleagues and volunteers;
- Liaises with external agencies and individuals from seniors focused organizations, clubs, associations, and community groups to plan and deliver special events, outings, and coordinate services.
- Forecasts, monitors, and manages expenditures from funds allocated to the budget;
- Obtains and maintains knowledge of related community links to promote and retain marketability of residence;
- Collaborates with the marketing team to develop events that support marketing’s business plan for the residence. Develops meaningful programs to retain residents;
- Promotes the residence and its activity programs through monthly activity calendars, newsletters, other print media, as well as, digital media (e.g. website);
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- One to three years’ of related experience ideally in a retirement, long term care or health care environment;
- Graduate of a post secondary education program relating to recreation, gerontology, social work or equivalent related experience;
- Previous management experience with people and financial budgets considered an asset;
- Experience in a customer service environment;
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Publishing);
- Possesses an understanding of the aging process;
- Must possess valid Class F/Class 4/4B license (unrestricted) or equivalent, and be eligible for coverage under Chartwell Retirement Residences insurance policy(ies);
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate required.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills (including the ability to interact with residents, family members, community professionals and various health care agencies);
- Ability to creatively plan, organize, and direct the delivery of diverse social services and volunteer programs;
- Good planning, public relations, customer service and multitasking skills;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Demonstrates an appreciation for and understanding of the background and needs of individual residents;
- Must be available for flexible hours (including weekends and evenings as required);
- SmartServe/Serving it Right certification may be required;
- Food Handler/Food Safe certification considered an asset;
- Aquatic Fitness Instructor certification may be required;
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends. To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.