Assisted Living Worker
Chartwell Langley Gardens Retirement Community
8888 - 202 Street,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Assisted Living worker is responsible for assisting the Residents with the activities of daily living in a safe and caring manner. As a member of the Assisted Living team, they support and encourage the residents to build self-esteem, promote independence, and protect their rights to autonomy and dignity.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provides services and maintains professional interactions with residents, families and co-workers in a respectful manner.
- Reports unsafe situations and feedback related to residents care and service to the designated supervisor.
- Develops and maintains a professional relationship with residents, families, community partners and guests
- Observes all policies and procedures, work standards and safety regulations. Health and Safety, fire/emergency policies and procedures of the facility
- Performs and records information as directed;
- Assists and attends to resident special needs and activities of daily living including support with personal hygiene, showering/bathing and dressing;
- Provides dietary support for dining room service, bussing, dishwashing services and meal preparations assigned in accordance with established work routines;
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner;
- Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines;
- Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all areas related to residents as per
- work routines;
- Provides medications according to the home’s policies and procedures for medication administration and / or medication reminders;
- Provides assistance to mobilize and transfer residents.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience supporting seniors with ADL’s. Experience working in an assisted living environment is an asset;
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
- Preferred post secondary education in related care fields of PSW / HCA / DSW Certification;
- Successful completion of a Resident Care Aide Program with Medication Coursel
- Active with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry;
- Customer service oriented;
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal and team relationships;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.