Senior Manager Accounting contract role
Chartwell Corporate Office
7070 Derrycrest Drive,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Senior Accounting Manager, Operations Finance (Contract role) is responsible for providing financial management and managerial expertise for COVID Government funding. This contract is up to June 2021 and may extend longer.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Based on Chartwell’s business plan and corporate goals, and in consultation with the Vice President Finance, the Senior Accounting Manager (COVID) is expected to provide oversight and lead a team of professionals and will be responsible for:
· Reviewing monthly government reporting ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the financial information is completed on a timely and accurate basis.
· Complete consolidated financial analysis and reporting COVID Government funding, participating in monthly reviews of same, including balance sheet analysis.
· Oversee the completion of all required financial regulatory filings with the health funding authority and other government agencies and ensure all filings are done within the deadlines.
· Liaise with the various government agencies when required.
· Provide information for forecasts.
· Accountable for reviewing funding reconciliations, summarizing and reporting on any risks, issues or areas of concern.
· Communicate effectively with Senior Management, Operations, Property Accountants, other Finance team members and external third parties.
· Directly supervises and mentor team members in the finance area.
· Motivate team and lead by example.
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Related industry experience (preferred)
· Required experience in financial management positions: 5 - 7 years
· Required experience in accounting finance roles: 7 - 10 years
· University degree (Business/Finance related)
· Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA) or equivalent work experience
Skills & Abilities:
· Strong knowledge of IFRS and Canadian GAAP (required).
· Knowledge of industry specific accounting principles (preferred).
· Strong knowledge of various provincial funding models and policies relating to provincial assisted living and long term care health sector (required).
· Strong knowledge of Tenant Protection Act, OLTC Act and Program Manual and similar legislation in other jurisdictions, Strong computer skills – ERP Software, Microsoft Office (required).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Self-motivated, creative and innovative
· Irregular hours may be required.
· Criminal reference check required
· Occasional travel may be required
· French/English Bilingualism (written and oral) preferred
· Senior Property Accountants
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.