Chartwell Royal Marquis Retirement Residence
590 Grand Marais Road East,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Maintenance Person performs semi-skilled maintenance duties related to electrical, heating, mechanical and plumbing systems and building equipment. Performs a variety of duties related to the general maintenance of the Retirement Residence and may assist with construction projects.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the immediate repair of defective equipment affecting resident care (e.g. beds, chairs, etc.);
- Regulates and repairs taps, toilets, etc. Unstops taps and drains depending upon complexity of operations;
- Conducts routine inspections, and repairs light fixtures and outlets, changes light bulbs, connects light fixtures to outlets, replaces ballasts and other related duties. May be required to test electrical circuits, equipment and appliances using pre-set instruments;
- Assists in the repair and/or maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment (e.g. pressure vessels, pumps, fans, electrical motors, steam boilers, etc.);
- May be required to perform minor carpentry projects;
- Completes assignments according to priority and documents services provided. Completes minor duties on planned preventive maintenance program and documents service provided;
- Receives supplies and stores in designated areas;
- Ensures that on-site work areas are clean and safe and ensures walkways are kept free of snow, ice, and debris;
- Completes all routine fire and other preventative maintenance inspections on a scheduled basis and ensures appropriate recordkeeping;
- Observes all fire, safety, and health regulations and is alert for the safety of residents, other staff members, and the public. Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures;
- Promptly reports/takes corrective action to address actual or potentially hazardous situations;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- One to two years’ experience in a related capacity. A working knowledge of WHMIS;
- Grade 12 Diploma with some related supplemental technical training is required;
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Ability to perform required physical duties which may include bending, kneeling, reaching, standing for extended periods of time, climbing ladders, lifting and carrying boxes, tools and equipment.
- Working this position could encounter last minute emergency repairs at any time throughout your shift.
Candidates must be available to work days.
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.