Chartwell Emerald Hills Retirement Residence
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Nursing Support Manager & Educator is responsible for clinical support, education and guidance to all nursing staff; residents families and non-nursing staff, while supporting the Director of Care in all aspects of providing continuing care.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all nursing staff are able to meet resident care needs by providing and overseeing clinical education and training in topics such as palliative care; pain management, abuse prevention and awareness etc;
- Ensuring resident care standards are met and maintained IAW current policies and procedures;
- Providing leadership and direction to staff in the provision of continuing care in the role of clinical nursing support;
- Providing leadership within the education department;
- Coordinating and communicating within the nursing department ensuring care plans are being followed and updated as required;
- Networking & liaising with Care Directors, educators and other health care professionals;
- Leading and coordinating the Continuous Quality Improvement process;
- Chairing the Clinical Practices Committee to develop and implement best practices throughout the organization.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 3 to 5 years of related experience in Assisted Living or Long Term Care;
- Successful completion of a Bachelor Science degree in nursing and current nursing registration in your province;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with a working knowledge of Excel and Word, and ability to work on multiple tasks while meeting assigned deadlines will be required;
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.