Chartwell Wescott Retirement Residence
3841 Allan Drive SW,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Housekeeper performs a variety of housekeeping duties to ensure the residence is maintained in a safe, clean and sanitary condition.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Cleans and disinfects all common areas including dining room, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairways and other areas as directed;
- Cleans and disinfects resident suites including telephone, furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents, mirrors and windows;
- Dusts furniture and equipment;
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms, mops and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machine;
- Vacuums and cleans/shampoos carpeted areas;
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures;
- Empties and cleans all waste containers and transports garbage to designated area;
- Makes up beds and changes linen as required;
- Straightens and rearranges furnishings as directed;
- Maintains utility and store rooms in a tidy and sanitary condition;
- Reports any damaged or unusable furniture and fixtures;
- Performs laundry duties as required (sorting, washing, drying, ironing, folding and delivering clean linen and clothing);
- Attends in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops, etc. as required;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience is preferred but not mandatory;
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- First Aid & CPR Certificate preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good listening skills and the ability to follow instructions;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
Candidates must be available to work days, and weekends.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.