Dietary Aide (Long Term Care)
Chartwell Brant Centre Long Term Care Residence
1182 Northshore Boulevard East,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Dietary Aide in a Long Term Care Residence is responsible for assisting in the preparation and serving of meals and ensuring that work areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Preparing plates and distributing the resident meals and snacks according to the diet list/individual diet menus and the residents’ preferences;
- Maintaining a sanitary and clean working environment and is familiar with infection control techniques; Completing the daily and deep cleaning and sanitizing of dishes, utensils and equipment used for resident meal preparation, delivery and service;
- Receiving, storing and managing the inventory of resident food and food service supplies;
- Adhering to the Menu and Therapeutic extensions to ensures that portion control is maintained by using appropriate utensils as per guidelines provided;
- Ensuring safe handling of food as per regulatory guidelines;
- Ensuring that good personal hygiene, with neat and clean appearance is practiced as well as in accordance with dress code for the department as per policy, such as, safe foot attire, hair net etc.;
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Certification or proof of participation in a Food Service Worker Program approved by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care;
- Current Food Handlers Safety Awareness certification;
- Previous professional experience in a health care setting an asset;
- Knowledge of sanitation, hygiene, food production, safety, and understanding of therapeutic diets;
- Reliable and able to work with others in a team atmosphere;
- Time management skills with ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.