Behavioural Support Ontario Coordinato
Villa Forum Long Term Care Residence
175 Forum Drive,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The BSO will support the Social Worker, Assistant Director of Care, Director of Care, Nurse Managers, residents and their family members by assisting with coordinating the care and services for residents with responsive behaviours along with contributing to the development of a person-centred philosophy of care for residents exhibiting behavioural challenges.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with residents and family members, as well as, internal and external care partners;
- Delivers person-centered care which recognizes both the uniqueness of each resident and an awareness of one’s own contribution to the relationship, including personal attributes, values, and action;
- Promoting the residents’ integration to the environment;
- Uses assessment tools based on best practices to conduct initial and on-going assessments describing interventions with respect to the behaviours of the residents;
- Documenting observational behaviours, recognizing that they have meaning, assessing and accounting for how the behaviours impact the care delivery process;
- Assessing the meaning and identifying the behavioural risk using objective, systematic and holistic processes that take into account the P.I.E.C.E.S.;
- Identifying caregiver strategies that are resident-centered age appropriate and maintain the resident’s dignity when responding to the behaviours and managing the associated risks; Ensures that there is a current plan of care in place for the resident with responsive behaviours that directs the staff in providing care and mitigating risk to the resident, other residents, staff members, and care providers;
- Liaises with external partners to support resident-centred care;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Director of Care;
- Understands and upholds all rules and requirements under applicable legislation (including but not limited to the Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Ontario Labour Relations Act, the Ontario Health and Safety Act, Long Term Care Homes Act);
- Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Possesses and maintains RPN certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario as well as other specialized qualifications to this position;
- Demonstrates knowledge in dementia care, delirium, mental health issues and the impact that it has on the resident's quality of life, family members and care partners;
- Must be available for flexible hours in order to meet the Behavioural needs of residents exhibiting responsive behaviors;
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.