Chartwell Waterford Long Term Care Residence
2140 Baronwood Drive,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Clinical Coordinator shares responsibility for the care provided in the licensed care area and ensures that care standards are maintained in accordance with the applicable regulations, standards and legal requirements.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Developing comprehensive care plans tailored to the individual’s short and long term requirements, monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the individual care plans and identifies changing care levels and ensures appropriate action is taken;
- Ensuring individual care plans are appropriate to the needs of the resident and reviews and monitors on a regular basis and evolves in accordance with the changing needs of the resident ;
- Facilitates/chairs/attends resident care conferences with residents and their families;
- Provides direct supervision to the Health Care Aides;
- Supervisory responsibilities include recruiting, training and developing medical and non-medical continuing care staff, scheduling, assigning and monitoring work, providing input to staff performance appraisals, ensuring a healthy and safe work environment, resolving conflicts and grievances and recommending appropriate disciplinary action;
- Participates as a member of the site leadership team to develop strategic plans and ensure consistent implementation throughout the organization;
- Networks with clinical practice groups and health care professionals, agencies and services as necessary;
- Assists with Director of Care to maintain optimal occupancy rates and liaises with community agencies to exchange information and obtain client referrals;
- Supervises the administration of medication and directed and authorized by physicians including the liaison and evaluation of pharmacy services;
- Investigates and reports serious incidents and takes appropriate corrective action.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a geriatric setting and knowledge of the Community Care Facilities Act, Adult Care Regulations and other regulations acts;
- Completion of a nursing program and a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses within their province;
- Sound clinical knowledge with the ability to teach, coach, model and mentor members of the clinical team;
- Ability to implement and monitor CQI initiatives;
- Able to work various shifts and be Manager on call as required.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.