Chartwell Wescott Retirement Residence
3841 Allan Drive SW,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The Driver is responsible for transporting and chaperoning (as required), residents, staff and volunteers on outings including: errands, recreational programs and special events.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assists passengers in and out of the vehicle, and ensures that they are seated in a safe and proper manner;
- Assists with transporting residents in wheelchairs;
- Liaises with staff regarding attendees of outing;
- Assists staff and/or volunteers with outings as required;
- Acts as a chaperone on outings when required (i.e. lunches, museum and theatre excursions, etc.);
- Loads and unloads equipment in a safe and proper manner;
- Completes seat belt and safety checks before all outings;
- Maintains the vehicle’s interior and exterior, assuring it is clean and tidy;
- Maintains fluid and gas levels in vehicle and monitors vehicle for routine and unscheduled maintenance;
- Reports any problems regarding the operation of the vehicle to the General Manager.
- Accurately completes required documentation at the end of each trip.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum of one year experience driving/operating a Class F vehicle with a clean drivers abstract to be able to be eligible for coverage under Chartwell Retirement Residence’s insurance policy;
- Experience working and/or volunteering with seniors is an asset;
- Grade 12 education or equivalent;
- Current First Aid Certificate;
- Must be able to push substantial weight (160-180lbs).
Candidates must be available to work days.To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.