Chartwell Carrington Place Retirement Residence
4651 23rd Street,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The General Manager role is an exceptional opportunity for an energetic, motivated leader with operations management experience, preferably in a relevant sector such as Retirement Living or Hospitality. Our vision of Making People’s Lives Better inspires you. You thrive in leading passionate teams to deliver a superior customer experience and would love to ensure the residents at Chartwell Carrington Place Retirement Residence truly feel at home and enjoy a great day every day.
Our General Managers are accountable to:
- Lead an interdisciplinary team of Managers, Sales Consultants and front line employees;
- Build a strong team: sources, selects and onboards key talent;
- Actively plan for succession;
- Develop employees: coaches and manages performance.
- Expect personal accountability
- Recognize and rewards results
- Ensure focus on our 4 key results: Financial, Customer Service, Employee Engagement, Managing Reputational Risk
Lead and Influence:
- Lead culture;
- Engage employees.
Ensure Commitment to Service Excellence:
- Apply service standards to decision making;
- Align with our RESPECT values;
- Communicate the importance of looking through the lens of the customer.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in a the Retirement Living, Hospitality, or another relevant sector;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a leadership role;
- Very strong communication skills and the ability to interact with residents, families, community professionals and various outside partners;
- Demonstrated decision-making, problem-solving, and budget management skills.
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.