Accounts Payable Manager
Chartwell Corporate Office
7070 Derrycrest Drive,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
The department’s primary goals are to ensure that all purchase transactions are recorded and payment of all invoices are made in an accurate and timely manner. In addition, the team is responsible to remain highly customer focused, ensuring prompt and accurate responses to vendor, residence and corporate inquiries.
The Accounts Payable Manager will contribute strong business and financial acumen to the operations team and will play a key role in highlighting current trends for senior management. The manager will develop a high performance team and contribute to the development of policy, process improvement and focused on optimizing efficiency in the department.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Based on Chartwell’s business plan and corporate goals, and in consultation with the Director, Business Services, the Accounts Payable Manager is expected to lead a team of accounts payable professionals and will be responsible to:
- Provide oversight and supervision of the Accounts Payable team including directing staff in full cycle Accounts Payable, including processing vendor invoices and payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the resolution of escalated issues or concerns by residences and vendors pertaining to payment disbursements.
- Monitor daily statistics and activities and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Manage and report on key performance metrics for the Accounts Payable function, including but not limited to monitoring and reporting of Accounts Payable aging.
- Recruitment, training, coaching, career development, evaluating Accounts Payable staff members and conducting performance reviews.
- Effectively manages onboarding of newly acquired residences and new development properties.
- Work with vendors to streamline invoice receipt and payment process.
- Take a key role on system changes and implementation and ensure that all changes are adequately tested and documentation has been completed.
- Identify and recommend areas for improvements in the department and provide oversight to implementation of these improvements to strengthen internal controls and processes.
- Maintain compliance with internal controls and support the Internal Control and Compliance team in relation to testing and business process design.
- Support external auditors in respect of quarterly reviews and year end audits.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives.
- Guide, monitor and report on strategic and business plan initiatives throughout the year.
- Assist and support annual Strategic Planning and budget process where appropriate.
- Directly supervise and mentor team members.
- Motivate team and lead by example.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum 5-8 years related management experience.
- Must have experience in a high volume accounts payable processing environment.
- Public company experience (preferred).
- Hands on use of financial system software, with expert knowledge in the accounts payable module.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business
- Professional accounting designation (preferred).
- Strong knowledge of accounting and management principles and Accounts Payable procedures.
- Strong planning skills and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent coaching and influencing skills to build customer service and technical capabilities.
- Strong sense of urgency working in a fast-paced environment achieving deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think through problems, assess a variety of factors and recommend solutions.
- Ability to build an understanding of the company's business and processes.
- Expertise in strengthening internal controls and processes.
- Ability to readily adapt to and lead through changing technology environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal).
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with ERP software and Microsoft Office (required), Yardi (an asset).
- Bilingualism (English/French) preferred.
- Accounts Payable Data Clerk (8), Accounts Payable Advisors (6) & Accounts Payable Technical Advisors (2)
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.