Office Manager Consultant (Contract)
Chartwell Corporate Office
7070 Derrycrest Drive,
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
Our Office Manager Consultant (“OMC”) will be the “go to” and advocate for our Office Managers in our retirement residences. Office Managers will continue to report to General Managers. The OMC will be a generalist in the following areas:
billing and collections,
payroll and benefits administration,
vendor and accounts payable management,
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Act as an ambassador and role model for the Office Mangers and all interactions with the community, residents, visitor, staff and volunteers both within and outside of the residences and corporate office to enhance the customer experience by ensuring the home runs smoothly.
- Develop Office Managers by providing education, coaching, training and orientation.
- Develop baseline standards of practice for the Office Manager role.
- Responsible for reviewing and providing recommendation on the Office Manager job description and job posting as the responsibilities of the position changes.
- Participate in the recruitment process for the Office Manager position, as required. Part of this process may be to administer and evaluate a short test to help determine the successful candidate.
- Chair and organize conference calls with all Office Managers, at a minimum on a quarterly basis.
- Provide education and support for anything related to Office Managers duties such as resident billings, vendor inquiries, etc
- Monitor all aspects of the business offices to ensure compliance through coaching and education.
- Responsible for reviewing and providing update requests for the business manual to ensure its effective and efficient administration and implementation.
- Participate in the Business Essential training sessions held 5 times a year for new Office Managers.
- Support, assist and ensure successful transition of newly acquired homes with respect to Chartwell policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and training to ensure compliance with Corporate and External Auditor's control requirements.
- Work closely with the corporate department leads in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Property Accounting to ensure Office Mangers are supported in meeting their monthly deadlines and provide coaching and education where required.
- Educate Office Managers on how to properly maintain all resident records so that information is available upon request.
- Provide education and training on collecting outstanding accounts.
- Provide guidance in completing the petty cash reconciliation and replenishment forms.
- Provide support and guidance to the Office Managers in investigating accounts payable related issues and vendor inquiries, including how to generate various payable reports to enable review
- Provide education and training on best practices in maintaining employee records of hours worked, days absent, vacation, statutory holidays and sick time.
- Provide education, support and guidance in review of payroll labour variances, absence reporting, reconciliation of timesheets to payroll register
- Provide tips and tricks on key processes such as timesheet submission, tracking of miscellaneous resident charges, month end accruals, etcProvide guidance and education in matters relating to regulatory compliance, such as but not limited to Chartwell policies and procedures, government regulations, laws and policies (e.g. Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards, Act, Tenant Protection Act, etc.)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Successful completion of post-secondary diploma or certificate program in accounting, business or bookkeeping.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in accounting/bookkeeping and office routines, including payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Previous management experience.
- Previous experience in a retirement or health care environment considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills – ERP Systems (Yardi, Fusion HCM, etc), Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word (required).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage time, priorities and issues.
- Professional, mature with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with people.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to align with Chartwell’s vision, mission and values.
- Travel will be required.
- Valid provincial driver’s license required as is access to a vehicl
- Bilingualism (English/French) preferred
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.