Sr. IT Help Desk Analyst (Audio Video, Building Automation)
Chartwell Corporate Office
7070 Derrycrest Drive,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The Senior Business and Systems Support Centre (BSSC) Analyst is responsible for supporting all Information Technology Services’-governed systems providing both technical as well as business process support to the Chartwell computing community. He/she is motivated to ensure that our residences spend as little time as possible on business processes and systems for our homes to spend more time directly with our residents and their families. He/she possesses a superior customer service mindset and prioritizes services based on Chartwell’s service standards: “Safety, Respect, Efficiency, WOW”. In addition, to ensure that we safeguard Chartwell’s information including personal health and financial information, the Senior BSSC Analyst needs to act according to our internal controls standards and within our policies and procedures.
The Senior BSSC Analyst’s foremost priority is to help ensure the efficient operations of the AV, Video conferencing, and building operations systems at the Chartwell corporate office. The scope of AV and Building Automation technology under the support of the BSSC includes but is not limited to: Cisco CUCM, Telepresence, Unity, and WebEx Teams, Crestron Fusion, Brightsign digital signage, and the Onguard security/access control system. The analyst will have first line responsibility for diagnosing and maintaining the AV, video conferencing, and building operations systems. The incumbent will provide front line end user support and monitor the operation and performance of those systems and will continuously communicate with the manger regarding the status of operations.
In addition to supporting the AV and building automation systems, the Senior BSSC Analyst will help ensure the efficient operations of our residences while maintaining Chartwell’s internal controls standards. The scope of end-user technology under the support of the BSSC includes but is not limited to: Citrix managed desktop to 3000 users in over 200 locations nationally, 500 corporate users residing in three primary corporate offices or individual home offices, and 2000 mobile devices. Business process support scope includes but is not limited to: Finance systems, Customer Relationship Management systems, call center (VoIP) and Microsoft 365 deployed both in-house or as SaaS and Cloud-based computing models. Field-based systems such as emergency help call, residence building automation, phone systems, DVR/security systems and access control also fall under the support umbrella of the Senior BSSC Analyst.
The Senior Business and Systems Support Centre (BSSC) Analyst is an essential member of the Information Technology Services team. As a key member of the Technical Support Team, the Technician is required to be on call 24/7 on a rotational basis according to a published schedule.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Based on Chartwell’s business plan and corporate goals, the Senior Business and Systems Support Services Analyst will be responsible for:
- Handling of assigned tickets through a formalized incident management system according to procedures set forth by the Director, Service Delivery
- Participating in rotational standby/on-call duties
- Adherence to documentation standards for all incidents
- Adherence to all IT general controls, supporting compliance reporting and directly participating in a disciplined incident management framework as it relates to the support of Chartwell’s business systems and end-user facing devices
- Following IT Service Management and Asset Management best practices, following operating procedures, adhering to standards of quality (process and product)
- Bringing forward ideas for improving efficiency, and quality of service to the Manager, Technical Support
- Participating in or providing data in support of external and internal audits, as required
- Providing support for the implementation of new systems and business process transformation initiatives
- Interfacing with key information technology vendors and service providers, as required to resolve issues
- Staying abreast of emerging technologies
- Connecting the impact of excellence in customer experience to resident satisfaction, job satisfaction and occupancy/revenue
- Applying key concepts of “lens of the customer” in daily interactions with our internal customers
- Showing a commitment to implement personal behavior changes that will lead to improved service excellence
- Support telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs (legacy & VoIP), DECT wireless infrastructure, contact center software, call management systems, voicemail, secure messaging and collaboration tools, interactive voice response and audio/video conferencing systems
- Support all integrated voice services and systems (new or legacy) including public address, emergency help call / nurse call, access control, security cameras, elevators, etc.
- Support voice & fax communication lines/services (analog, digital, SIP)
- Support of all related software, appliance-based and/or middleware components of telephony systems, emergency help call and integrated technologies
- Coordinate activities with third-party consultants or vendors, as required
- Provide direct support to front-line personnel, as required, and train/mentor junior staff members
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference given to a degree in a relevant and pertinent field of study
- ITIL certification, Internal controls or applied knowledge thereof
- CCNA Collaboration required
- CCNP Collaboration preferred
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of progressive and pertinent Information Technology Services or support experience working in an environment of comparable complexity supporting end-users directly
- Demonstrated experience providing support of audio-visual systems, Cisco IP telephony and Cisco Telepresence
- Demonstrated experience providing support for Building Automation Systems
- Demonstrated experience providing business process and functional how-to support in addition to traditional technical support with preference given to candidates with ERP functional support and/or implementation experience
- Demonstrated support experience in a distributed Windows Server environment (with many remote networked locations) with a mixture of Cloud/SaaS and on-premise systems experience
- Experience with ServiceNow is an asset
- Experience in a managed desktop environment (such as Citrix)
- Working knowledge of MS Windows server environments and Active Directory
- Experience in the following areas is also an asset:
- Supporting phone systems (Cisco CUCM/SRST, Avaya IP Office, Toshiba Strata, Panasonic, Mitel, NEC or others)
- Supporting emergency help call systems (SARA, Momentum, Tunstall, Mircom, miAlert or others)
- Supporting DECT phone systems (Avaya IP-DECT, Panasonic, EnGenius DuraFon, Spectralink, ascom or others)
- Supporting SIP Trunking, XMedius fax server, and XIMA Chronicall CDR
- Working knowledge of Canadian privacy regulations
- Healthcare industry exposure, an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, creative and innovative with the resources at hand
- Quick learner, curious and inquisitive
- Superior interpersonal skills with a client-service orientation
- Solid IT technical foundation complemented by a strong understanding of business processes
- Highly attentive to detail
- Very capable at thorough and clear documentation of incidents
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Solid understanding of IT general controls
- Advanced knowledge working with, Cisco networking, WebEx Teams, Unified Communications Manager, Unity, Telepresence, Voice Gateways and Contact Center
- Intermediate understanding of switching concepts – VLAN, Voice VLAN, Inter VLAN routing, PoE etc.
- Intermediate Understanding of Gateway protocols: H.323, SIP, MGCP, T.38
- Bilingual in French and English, preferred
- Criminal background check
- Willingness to perform standby/on-call duties in support of 24/7 coverage (rotational basis)
- Willingness to travel to sites on occasion
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.