Chartwell Pickering City Centre Retirement Residence
1801 Valley Farm Road,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The Concierge performs a variety of accounting functions as well as confidential clerical and receptionist duties associated with the daily operation of an effective business. The Concierge will assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Maintains department files and records, including correspondence, forms, and routine office records and reports;
- Receives incoming mail, co-ordinates distribution and processes outgoing mail;
- Answers telephone and greets visitors. Responds to routine inquiries in person and by phone, relaying calls and messages to the appropriate personnel;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the General Manager;
- Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to other team members;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous experience working in a similar position required (including a working knowledge of office procedures and elementary bookkeeping);
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Post secondary education in a related field (e.g. Medical/Office Assistant) is considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a working knowledge of Excel and Word.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.