Bilingual Business Services Analyst
Chartwell Corporate Office
7070 Derrycrest Drive,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The Business Analyst will be a key member of financial multidisciplinary, cross functional teams focused on delivering solid improvements in our business processes and information systems. The core accountability will be to identify functional business process requirements and translate these requirements into new customer focused processes and systems that are in compliance with appropriate internal controls. The Business Analyst will document, analyze and redesign business processes working collaboratively with end users and the information system department where appropriate.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, Validate and Manage User Requirements:
- Identify and interview relevant stakeholders to determine business requirements for target business processes as prioritized by the Director, Business Services, Director, Payroll Services and Senior VP’s of Finance.
- Capture, clarify and confirm business requirements.
- Work with primary stakeholders to validate or develop (if necessary) business cases to evaluate return on investment/viability of business process redesign.
- Assist primary stakeholders, if necessary, in determining scope, complexity, risk and alignment to corporate strategy.
- Apply creativity and critical thinking to create innovative business process solutions:
- Effectively translate business requirements into solutions and vice versa.
- Facilitate creative team brainstorming sessions to elicit cross functional input to vision and validate innovative solutions.
- Collaboratively design and recommend solutions:
- Develop prototype work flows that are requirements driven.
- Write clear, complete and unambiguous requirements.
- Understand the relationship between business rules and business processes.
- Identify and determine root causes and ensure these are addressed in solution design.
- Analyze alternative solutions to business requirements.
- Objectively measure recommended solutions relative to achievement of business requirements.
- Identify best-in-class solutions within budgetary limitations.
- Build consensus for the recommended solutions.
- Create successful implementation and action plans to execute recommended solutions.
- Develop detailed project plans.
- Deliver within agreed upon timelines.
- Act as facilitator between business users and technical teams if applicable
- Mitigate risks as appropriate during development, implementation and testing:
- Identify high risk requirements and recommend action plans.
- Manage the change control process and user requirements sign-off.
- Ensure appropriate user manuals and training plans are followed and signed off.
- Create test plans and ensure appropriate documentation of testing with final user sign off.
- Create communication plans:
- Identify stakeholders and customize communication to their needs.
- Provide management reporting on business process design initiatives:
- Highlights of scope, time and resource variances.
- Identification of threats and opportunities.
- Overall status.
- Support the annual Business Services Strategic Planning process.
- Assist in the development of an effective planning process.
- Ensure that appropriate operating and capital budget recommendations are captured.
- Support acquisitions and divestitures.
- Support the Accounts Receivable Technical Lead with the onboarding activities that are required when onboarding a new property.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Ensure business process change and system development life cycle adheres to Chartwell’s change management policies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Five to eight years in accounting/finance environments (preferably public company experience)
- Three to five years in business requirements planning and implementation.
- University degree in Business, Commerce, Management Information Systems or equivalent
- Preference given to the following certifications (or equivalent): CPA - CMA, CGA (Certified Management Accountant/Certified General Accountant)
- IIBA (International Institute of Business Analysis)
- CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional)
- Six Sigma training or equivalent
- Project management
- Seasoned verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills –Tier 1 ERP Software, Advanced Microsoft Office (required)
- Ability to work with varied stakeholders
- Excellent creative and analytical skills
- Expert with business process mapping
- Well developed organization skills
- Attentive to detail
- Team and consensus building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Bilingualism is required (English/French)
- Special Requirements: None
- Direct Reports: None
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.