Chartwell Corporate Office
7070 Derrycrest Drive,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The incumbent is responsible for effectively and accurately processing complex biweekly payrolls in a high volume payroll department. The incumbent will act as a resource to our sites and internal departments for payroll matters and ensures that the payroll policies and procedures are being followed and comply with internal and external audit requirements.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Processing the full cycle of multi-province, biweekly payrolls for salary and hourly employees in both union and non-union environments in an accurate and timely manner
- Administers various payments such as sick pay, retro pays, vacation pays, etc.
- Responds to inquiries from internal departments and site management regarding payroll matters in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner
- Interprets multiple union contracts ensuring all calculations in the payroll are correct
- Processes payments to third parties – garnishments, union dues, RRSP and pension payments ensuring that deductions are in accordance with provincial and federal legislations and according to union agreements and corporate policies
- Ensures that monthly and year end regulatory filings are completed on a timely basis
- Ensures that internal controls are complied with for all payroll processes
- Special projects as assigned and other duties as appropriate and required
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Conducts duties in accordance with Chartwell policies and procedures, as well as, government regulations, laws and policies.
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self and other staff members. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations.
- Maintains confidentiality of staff members’ personal information.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of payroll experience with solid Canadian payroll knowledge
- Experience using Fusion HCM (or other cloud payroll system) and ADP/PCPW experience is an asset
- Payroll based accounting knowledge is an asset
- CPA Certification or in progress
- A good understanding of collective agreements
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional customer service orientation and discretion
- Well-organized, self-motivated, high energy, works well under pressure
- Committed, conscientious team player
- Special Requirements: Criminal Records Check
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.