Business Development Manager(Toronto)
Chartwell Corporate Office
7070 Derrycrest Drive,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The Business Development Manager role at Chartwell is an exceptional opportunity for an enterprising, self-directed Sales/B2B professional who brings demonstrated experience in sales, a sense of urgency, a drive for results, and who genuinely enjoys interacting with seniors.
The Business Development Manager’s primary responsibility will be to drive qualified move-in referrals for a portfolio of properties by building a network of community influencers, increasing participation at regional events, and establishing community outreach opportunities with corporate markets. A dynamic and motivated individual who is able to deliver effective presentations to targeted groups, work independently, and also work within a team environment focused on customer service.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for building and nurturing a referral network to support Chartwell properties in the Toronto area.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Create, retain and grow a portfolio of strategic networking partnerships
- Conduct business development activities with key referral sources to drive new business and achieve quotas of new initial contacts and permanent move-ins
- Develop and foster professional relationships with members of the local healthcare community, real estate community, and financial community
- Consistently build up the sales pipeline with qualified prospects from referrals.
- Source, evaluate and implement strategic sponsorships and partnerships with key groups and organizations to promote brand awareness and achieve determined business outcomes
- Prospect and qualify new referral sources through phone, email and various outreach conduits.
- Research companies and identify their key decision makers and alignment with Chartwell’s mission, vision and values
- Maintain existing referral relationships with community partners by providing support, information, education and guidance to increase number of referrals
- Maintain and document business development activities in the CRM (Yardi-Prospect)
- Participate and volunteer at local area events and provide information to the general public and community organizations
- Coordinate and deliver presentations to groups and organizations
- Integrate local Retirement Living Consultants (RLCs) into referral relationships
- Identify potential referral sources and educate, nurture and develop relationships in a defined market
- Identify and complete networking activities as per the regional business development plan; maintain and update the plan consistently to reflect activities; ensure adherence to allocated budget
- Actively participate in weekly management/leadership meetings to provide updates regarding networking activity, community events and other related information
- Practice our corporate values of R.E.S.P.E.C.T
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience in business development and building community relationships in a results-driven environment
- Demonstrated history of success in outside sales with a focus on senior services or healthcare
- Established network of professional business development relationships in the Vancouver area highly preferred
- Proven ability to maintain highly effective referral relationships with a large number of professional sources
- Experience in senior housing preferred
- Post-secondary education in related field is considered an asset
- Professional sales training is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Solid organizational, planning, problem solving, follow through and detail skills
- Ability to multi-task, network and promote services
- Results focused in a pro-active busy environment
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute business development and community integration plans
- In-depth knowledge of the community and surrounding areas
- Computer literate with knowledge of related software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and Power Point, Google docs). Comfortable with CRM software (e.g., Yardi).
- Valid provincial driver’s license required as is access to a vehicle
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.