Assistant Director of Care
Regina Gardens Long Term Care Residence
536 Upper Paradise Road,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
Reporting to the Director of Care of the Long Term Care Centre and in a collaborative relationship with the senior management team to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate resident care activities within approved policies and procedures, including orientation and continuing staff education, staff health and safety and infection control programs.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Ensures that resident's care is evaluated continuously;
- Ensures that the care plans are developed, updated, reviewed regularly, and followed consistently;
- On a scheduled basis, audit and review the resident care charts of newly admitted residents with special attention to residents identified on “high risk”. Work closely with the unit Charge Nurse to ensure that the appropriate documentation is in place as per policy;
- Audit resident care plans of care on a quarterly basis and ensure documentation accurately reflects the resident’s care requirements;
- Assists the Director of Care with hiring, supervising, appraising and disciplining assigned staff. Ensures that all assigned staff receives proper orientation, in-service education and on-the-job training.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 5 years management experience in a Long Term Care residence;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred as well as past experience demonstrating progressive leadership and hands-on approach to monitoring and evaluating resident care;
- A valid Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses in your province and a member in good standing;
- Post graduate studies in nursing, nursing administration and geriatrics are an asset;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation is essential, as are computer skills.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.