Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Chartwell Heritage Valley Retirement Residence
944 James Mowatt Trail,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The LPN ensures the general well being of residents through the delivery of high quality services in a manner that is consistent with the policies, procedures and philosophy of Chartwell Retirement Residences.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provides basic assessments and treatment, personal care, medication administration and delegated health services to the residents, as well as providing support and guidance, and education to the Health Care Aides;
- Communicating with resident and families as required to ensure needs are met and services are highly satisfactory;
- Demonstrating an appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process and, or living with a disability;
- Facilitating and encouraging family involvement with residents;
- Administrating medications within the LPN scope of practice and in accordance with regulations and standards;
- Performing the appropriate delegated nursing skills accurately and skillfully;
- Completing routine assessments and continuous observation of resident health status and reports observations to the Assisted Living Manager and then acting upon observations as appropriate;
- Ensuring services identified in the Care Plan are provided in accordance with the established service standards and at the approved levels;
- Ensuring that proper documentation of services and charting is completed as per policies and procedures;
- Monitoring and maintaining records reflecting residents physical and mental condition;
- Documenting resident incidents in the client record.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A sound knowledge and background in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term/retirement nursing including activation, nursing and personnel administration. Knowledge of the appropriate sections of the Health Disciplines Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Pharmacy Act, Food and Drugs Act (Canada), Narcotic Control Act (Canada) and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statutes which influence the operation of the Retirement Home and more specifically the nursing department;
- Graduate from a recognized LPN Program and must hold a valid registration with appropriate LPN associations;
- The successful candidate has the ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors, strong customer service orientation and conflict resolutions skills.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, nights and weekends. To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.