Assistant Food & Nutrition Manager
Chartwell Westmount Long Term Care Residence
200 David Bergey Drive,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The Assistant Food and Nutrition Manager in a Long Term Care Residence will assist the Food and Nutrition Manager to oversee the management and organization of the Food and Nutrition department, to provide high quality food and nutritional services to the residence with emphasis on the individual needs of the residents.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Particpation in Resident Care Conferences with other members of the leadership team and support resident and family council in chairing the Food Committee;
- Completing Resident Nutritional Assessments; including quarterly assessments, MDS, including RAPs where implemented, QI’s and follow up documentation and intervention as needed, on residents identified at moderate and low nutritional risk.;
- Manages, implements, communicates and supports residents and/or families in the involvement and participation in determining appropriate nutritional care needs;
- Visits residents during meal times to monitor resident acceptability of food;
- Monitors all procedures for resident meal service to ensure the required standards are maintained;
- Implements and maintains the activities of the Quality Improvement audit schedule;
- Reports directly to the Administrator on all aspects concerning the operation of the dietary department;
- Works in collaboration with the residence’s Registered Dietitian;
- Accountable for the compliance with approved operational budget for the Food and Nutrition department, including staff budget and deployment of staff to meet the needs of the residents;
- Coordinate the purchase of food, supplies and equipment required, conducts monthly food inventory;
- Follow the monthly accounting calendar and submit all required information in a timely manner;
- Complete Payroll;
- Develops annual goals and objectives for the Food and Nutrition department;
- Responsible for hiring of departmental staff, plans and implements orientation, staff training and in-service education to staff according to needs of the home and regulatory body standards;
- Ensure that optimal safety standards are maintained by all Food and Nutrition department employees;
- Monitor and evaluate employee performance. This includes the completion of annual Performance Appraisals, Staff Appreciation and/or Progressive discipline measures where required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Diploma in Food and Nutrition Management from a recognized program;
- Must be an active Member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or a Registered Dietitian;
- Current provincial Safe Food Handling Certificate;
- Previous professional experience in a health care setting an asset;
- Proficient Computer skills;
- Knowledge in clinical documentation;
- Demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Solid knowledge of basic therapeutic nutrition as it relates to the needs of the Long-Term Care population;
- Time Management skills with ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Must be flexible and willing to respond to the needs of others;
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.