Chartwell Heritage Glen Retirement Residence
6515 Glen Erin Drive,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The Maintenance Person performs semi-skilled maintenance duties related to electrical, heating, mechanical and plumbing systems and building equipment. Performs a variety of duties related to the general maintenance of the Retirement Residence and may assist with construction projects.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the immediate repair of defective equipment affecting resident care (e.g. beds, chairs, etc.);
- Regulates and repairs taps, toilets, etc. Unstops taps and drains depending upon complexity of operations;
- Conducts routine inspections, and repairs light fixtures and outlets, changes light bulbs, connects light fixtures to outlets, replaces ballasts and other related duties. May be required to test electrical circuits, equipment and appliances using pre-set instruments;
- Assists in the repair and/or maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment (e.g. pressure vessels, pumps, fans, electrical motors, steam boilers, etc.);
- May be required to perform minor carpentry projects;
- Completes assignments according to priority and documents services provided. Completes minor duties on planned preventive maintenance program and documents service provided;
- Receives supplies and stores in designated areas;
- Ensures that on-site work areas are clean and safe and ensures walkways are kept free of snow, ice, and debris;
- Completes all routine fire and other preventative maintenance inspections on a scheduled basis and ensures appropriate recordkeeping;
- Observes all fire, safety, and health regulations and is alert for the safety of residents, other staff members, and the public. Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures;
- Promptly reports/takes corrective action to address actual or potentially hazardous situations;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- One to two years’ experience in a related capacity. A working knowledge of WHMIS;
- Grade 12 Diploma with some related supplemental technical training is required;
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Ability to perform required physical duties which may include bending, kneeling, reaching, standing for extended periods of time, climbing ladders, lifting and carrying boxes, tools and equipment.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.