Business Support Analyst, HCM (Payroll)
Chartwell Corporate Office
7070 Derrycrest Drive,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
Reporting to the Business Support Services Manager, HCM, the Business Support Analyst (BSA), HCM will provide business analysis and process support in the configuration and management of our Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) Cloud system. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that our HCM business processes are functioning as expected, meeting business requirements and all end-user needs. The BSA will provide daily subject matter expertise support to the business teams combined with responsibility for defined weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc routines.
The incumbent will be a strong and valued business partner to the business owners of our HCM platform, the HCM business teams (including but not limited to Payroll, Benefits, Human Resources, Learning and Recruitment) and to the Information Systems, HCM (technology) team. The BSA possesses a superior customer service mindset. Equally important is adherence to Chartwell controls, policies and procedures.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and execute regression testing for periodic patching of cloud platforms ensuring configuration consistency
- Coordinate scheduled processing of all operational reports and/or data imported to and exported from applications for integration to other platforms
- Interpret internal and external legislation, policies and governance plans to ensure they are accurately reflected in platform configuration
- Prepare functional specifications required for technical objects such as reports, interfaces, and fast formulas for maintaining, updating or creating new processes and/or interfaces
- Develop test plans and scenarios and facilitate Unit and User Acceptance Testing
- Support the migration of data resulting from acquisitions
- Prepare data conversion templates by gathering data from various sources and providing in the desired format
- Assist in developing/reviewing training materials as required and facilitate knowledge transfer to Learning & Development team and/or end-users
- Troubleshoot issues, perform root cause analysis on escalated issues, make recommendations on corrective actions for resolution and assist with the successful deployment through the incident management process.
- Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes based on findings and analysis.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system administrators and developers.
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management, business owners, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Develop timeframes for process changes in order to support company objectives.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the change lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved business processes.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other post-implementation support.
- Strategy & Planning
- Chart existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operational requirements and systems goals.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing business processes and requirements gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements through workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in operating systems across the organization.
- Support cost-benefit analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of process analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions.
System Acquisition & Deployment:
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Assist in conducting research on software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Assist in conducting research on software products to meet agreed-upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure that the features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Participate in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- College or Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, computer science or related field
- A minimum of 2 years in implementing and supporting Tier 1 Human Capital Management Systems (ie. Oracle HCM Cloud, JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, ADP, Ceridan) in a SaaS environment
- Functional experience with Oracle HCM Cloud applications (or the like) in at least one of the following modules; Core HR, Payroll, Benefits, Absence Management including but not limited to execution of requirements gathering, fit/gap assessment, functional design, documentation and testing
- A minimum of 2 years as a contributor in major business transformational projects
- A minimum of 8 years of business discipline experience (HR/Payroll/Benefits)
- Exposure to Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) and interpretation thereof
- Experience in the seniors housing or healthcare industries are an asset
- Strong knowledge in HCM business processes including Core HC, Absence, Payroll Benefits, etc.
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and to integrate business processes across disparate systems
- Excellent creative and analytical skills with strong attention to details, and proven abilities to research and test new System features and functions.
- Able to work independently and consider cross-functional and downstream impacts with close attention to detail
- Excellent client-facing written, presentation and verbal communications skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to continuous learning, and demonstrated ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Bilingualism (English / Functional French) is an asset
- Work requires a high degree of mental effort to analyze situations, verify information, and working with a computer.
- Physical effort will be in the form of keyboarding or walking to periodic meetings.
- Availability on occasion to work non-standard hours, and be flexible concerning workdays
- Irregular work hours may be required during peak deliverable periods
- Willingness to perform standby/on-call duties in support of 7/24 coverage as required
To apply please email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.