Activity Aide/Bus Driver
Chartwell Clair Hills Retirement Residence
530 Columbia Street West,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The Activity Aide-Bus Driver is responsible for providing assistance with the development and coordination of programs and services that meet the needs of residents. This role assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members. The Aide/Driver is responsible for transporting and chaperoning (as required), residents, staff and volunteers on outings including: errands, recreational programs and special events.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Assists with the development and implementation of internal and external programs and services that meet the six dimensions of wellness (social, physical, intellectual, emotional, vocational and spiritual needs of residents);
- Assists with the development and preparation of communication tools (newsletters, posters, notices, calendars, bus outings schedule etc.) designed to provide residents, community seniors and volunteers, with information regarding current and future activities and special events;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Lifestyle and Program Manager;
- Creates a safe, pleasant, creative and non-threatening recreational environment;
- Develops and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with residents and other staff members.
- Recruits residents to participate in programs and bus trips;
- Monitors and documents resident participation in activities, and reports any changes in activity levels;
- Assists passengers in and out of the vehicle, and ensures that they are seated in a safe and proper manner;
- Assists with transporting residents in wheelchairs;
- Liaises with staff regarding attendees of outing;
- Acts as a chaperone on outings (i.e. lunches, museum and theatre excursions, etc.);
- Loads and unloads equipment in a safe and proper manner;
- Completes seat beat and safety checks before all outings;
- Maintains the vehicle’s interior and exterior, assuring it is clean and up to date;
- Accurately completes required documentation at the end of each trip.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- One to three years’ related experience in a retirement residence or health care environment is preferred;
- Customer service experience required;
- Graduate of a post secondary education program relating to recreation, gerontology or social work, or demonstrated related experience;
- Knowledge of risk management and conflict resolution skills issues;
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the delivery of diverse social services and volunteer programs;
- Ability to multi-task and is customer service oriented;
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal and team relationships;
- Demonstrates empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors and possesses an understanding of the aging process. Also demonstrates an appreciation and understanding of the background and needs of individual residents;
- Computer literate with knowledge of related software programs;
- Must possess a valid Provincial drivers’ license;
- Current First Aid Certificate is an asset.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends. To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.