Chartwell Queen’s Square Retirement Residence
10 Melville Street North,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The Housekeeper performs a variety of housekeeping duties to ensure the residence is maintained in a safe, clean and sanitary condition.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Cleans and disinfects all common areas including dining room, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairways and other areas as directed;
- Cleans and disinfects resident suites including telephone, furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents, mirrors and windows;
- Dusts furniture and equipment;
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms, mops and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machine;
- Vacuums and cleans/shampoos carpeted areas;
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures;
- Empties and cleans all waste containers and transports garbage to designated area;
- Makes up beds and changes linen as required;
- Straightens and rearranges furnishings as directed;
- Maintains utility and store rooms in a tidy and sanitary condition;
- Reports any damaged or unusable furniture and fixtures;
- Performs laundry duties as required (sorting, washing, drying, ironing, folding and delivering clean linen and clothing);
- Attends in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops, etc. as required;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience is preferred but not mandatory;
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- First Aid & CPR Certificate preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good listening skills and the ability to follow instructions;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
Candidates must be available to work days. To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.