Chartwell Corporate Office
7070 Derrycrest Drive,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
Reporting to the Manager, Taxation, the Tax Analyst position will be an integral part of the Tax team whose primary responsibilities will be to provide income and commodity tax support. This role will be an excellent learning opportunity with great growth potential.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of monthly GST/HST, PST and QST tax returns.
- Work with other teams to co-ordinate information required to file monthly commodity tax returns.
- Prepare Canadian Federal and Provincial partnership, trust, and corporate income tax returns.
- Prepare financial statements to support legal entity filings.
- Assist in gathering information in response to tax authorities.
- Assist in preparing schedules and reconciliations to support quarterly tax provisions.
- Follow up with Revenue Quebec, CRA and other government authorities on various tax inquiries.
- Preparation of payment requests, journal entries and maintaining all related backup.
- Retrieve and review invoices to ensure tax return positions are supported.
- Prepare analysis on balance sheet accounts to support tax positions.
- Analyze general ledger accounts and prepare monthly variance analyses.
- Review of capital expenditure reports and prepare tax deduction analysis.
- Maintain neat and organized supporting work papers and tax files while provide a clear audit trail.
- Assist in setting up Excel models.
- Other duties as may be requested by the Tax Director.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 2-4 years of experience working in a large public company or public accounting firm.
- Experience in preparing accounting journal entries and partnership tax returns.
- CPA professional designation.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and pays close attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks at a given time and work in a fast paced deadline oriented environment.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.