Chartwell Langley Gardens Retirement Community
8888 - 202 Street,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to residents in accordance with required medical care and established nursing care plans and practices. They may supervises the activities and provide direction to Health Care Aides.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assesses, plan, implement and evaluate individualized care to meet the residents' physical and emotional needs. Ensure resident care plan is initiated in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary team;
- Communicate with relatives regarding the care and condition of respective residents as required;
- In conjunction with the Health and Wellness Manager, participates in discharge planning, consultation, and/or transfer of residents;
- As required, provide direct resident care and participate in resident teaching;
- Encourage active participation by residents in all therapy programs and recreational activities;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an appropriate plan of care for each resident;
- Liaise with attending physicians, psychiatrists, consultants, social workers, clergy, relatives or responsible persons, nursing, dietary, activity staff, etc. to ensure effective resident care is provided;
- Provides first aid to staff when necessary and completes Employee Injury Report;
- Procure and administer medications including all injections and narcotics;
- Participate in the orientation, on-the-job training and in-servicing of nursing staff as required;
- As required, requisition and receive supplies.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A sound knowledge and background in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term/retirement nursing including activation, nursing and personnel administration. Knowledge of the appropriate sections of the Health Disciplines Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Pharmacy Act, Food and Drugs Act (Canada), Narcotic Control Act (Canada) and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statutes which influence the operation of the Retirement Home and more specifically the nursing department;
- Registered Nurses who provide care to residents in the facility shall have a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses within their province.
Candidates must be available to work Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.