Chartwell Heritage Glen Retirement Residence
6515 Glen Erin Drive,
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The Server is responsible for assisting in the preparation and serving of meals and providing catering services, ensures work areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Prepares food for serving to residents;
- Ensures resident satisfaction with meal service;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Food Services Manager/Food and Beverage Manager;
- Performs the set-up, serving and tear down services at booked catering events;
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner. Projects an appropriate image and focuses on customer service excellence.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous food services experience in a retirement residence, long term care residence or other hospitality environment;
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Food Safe Level 1 Certificate is preferred;
- Smart Serve Certificate is preferred;
- First Aid Certificate is preferred;
- Ability or read, write and follow written and verbal instructions in English;
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
Candidates must be available to work Days, Evenings and Weekends.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.